Jackpocket Adds Desktop Option For West Virginians
The leading third-party lottery app in the US has just upped its game. Jackpocket has launched a desktop version of its mobile app.
Users across the 15 available states can now log in to Jackpocket on their desktop computers and also on laptops. New users can create a new account on the webpage, while existing users can simply log in.
There are several ways to fund your Jackpocket account
The West Virginia Lottery began in 1984. Tickets can be purchased at retail locations across the state and online using Jackpocket.com. Lottery ticket sales exceed $1 billion every year in West Virginia, and around half of the money funds education projects and services.
Jackpocket allows users to purchase state lottery tickets from their phones, and now, via their laptops or desktop computers. Jackpocket not only makes it convenient to buy lottery tickets, but also, players can buy them at the last minute.
Depending on your state, you are able to fund your account via the following methods:
- Direct from your bank account
- Debit card
- Credit card
- Apple Pay
Jackpocket users pocketed $128.7 million in winnings in 2022
2022 was a breakout year for Jackpocket, with 17 lottery winners taking home prizes of $1 million or more.
With growth seen across all 15 states Jackpocket serves, there were over 1 million Jackpocket patrons who won a prize through the app. The overall winnings for all Jackpocket users in 2022 hit $128.7 million, with an average of over 23,000 winners per day.
The single biggest win was for $7 million with Cash4Life in New York. The most popular lottery games were Powerball, Mega Millions, and Cash4Life.
Jackpocket does not take a percentage of winnings
According to Zippia.com, Jackpocket enjoyed $2.8 million in revenue in 2022. Its revenue model is quite simple in that it charges 7% to 10% as a service fee for being a “courier service” in purchasing lottery tickets for patrons.
Jackpocket does not take a share of the winnings from winners. It does collect the standard commissions that go back to retailers for selling winning tickets based on each state-funded lottery system.
Key partnerships are lucrative for Jackpocket
When the app began to blow up in 2021 and into 2022, Jackpocket entered into some key partnerships that helped with marketing.
- Dallas Mavericks: In a multiyear deal, Jackpocket agreed to host sweepstakes throughout the NBA season to allow fans to win game tickets, merchandise, and VIP experiences.
- New Jersey Devils: Jackpocket became the NHL team’s official lottery courier partner. The Devils agreed to give out prizes such as free lottery tickets, autographed merchandise, and private skate time at the team’s arena.
- Rutgers Athletics: This was the school’s first-ever mobile lottery partner. Jackpocket placed branding in Rutgers’ two stadiums and on social media platforms. Contests and giveaways are also part of the deal.
- ESPN NY Sports: Jackpocket became its official digital lottery partner. The broadcasting company provided coverage of the app across the MLB, NBA, NHL, and NFL.