It does have a dedicated app for West Virginia users, however. And low minimum deposits and withdrawals, which mean players are free to play with smaller amounts — high-rollers aren’t the company’s focus.
First founded in Australia, PointsBet now has online casinos in three states. But it has a long way to go in West Virginia. We look forward to following its progress, but in the meantime here’s a review of where it’s at now.
PointsBet Casino WV promo code for May 2023
PointsBet Casino does not currently offer new customers in West Virginia a bonus for signing up and playing. However, we expect that to change very soon.
|Online Casino||PointsBet Casino|
|Last Updated||May 2023|
PointsBet legal online casino states
PointsBet has managed to strike partnership deals with casinos in New Jersey, West Virginia and Michigan. These deals allow PointsBet to legally operate its online casino in those states.
|State||Play Now?||Partner||Launch Date|
|Michigan||Yes||Northern Waters Casino, Watersmeet||2021|
|New Jersey||Yes||Bally’s, Atlantic City||2021|
|West Virginia||Yes||Hollywood Casino at Charles Twon Races, Charles Town||2021|
How to sign up/create an account for PointsBet Casino WV
You can sign up for a PointsBet account in West Virginia with a few simple steps:
- Head to the PointsBet Casino site.
- Select the “sign up” button on the top right of the PointsBet Casino page.
- Follow the prompts for personal information: name, address, email, password and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- If PointsBet begins offering a bonus to new players, there will also be a field to enter any relevant promo codes.
Once you’ve done this, the casino will verify your account, and you’ll be one step closer to playing. Go to the cashier page, make your first deposit and then you really can start.
Note: When you sign up, make sure to select the correct state. This will mean your account matches the state you’re playing in and it will avoid complications down the line.
PointsBet WV online casino review
Using the PointsBet website is a pretty pleasurable experience, due in no small part to the ease of use and simplicity of the design.
All pages are available from the expandable menu on the left. Once you select it, you get the option to go to the games (slots, table games and video poker) or the promotions, or download the app.
If you go to “games,” you can find all the available titles, which you can filter and sort using the applicable tools. These help you organize the games when you’re trying to find the right one, along with ignoring games you don’t want to play.
What is particularly good is that most of PointsBet’s casino games have a demo mode. Games in demo mode let you try them for free before you commit real money. You simply select “play demo” on the thumbnail of any game and you’re off.
PointsBet’s demo games are helpful because they allow you to learn the rules of a game before you risk anything. Moreover, it allows you to find out whether you enjoy a game before you risk anything.
How to download the PointsBet Casino app in WV
The best thing about playing on a mobile, rather than desktop, device is the freedom to do it from wherever you like. And, realistically, the slots and table games you play on mobile aren’t the sort of games that require the power of a computer — far from it.
The PointsBet app gives you the ability to do just that, and to get the app, you merely have to do the following:
- Go to the PointsBet site.
- Scroll to the bottom of any page and locate the app logos.
- Select the “Download on the App Store” or “Get it on Google Play” button to start your download.
If you want to play on your mobile but don’t want to use up your phone memory on apps, then you can access the mobile site through your browser. It will give you similar functionality to the PointsBet desktop site.
Note: Ensure that you’ve enabled your location services. Otherwise PointsBet won’t be able to verify you’re in the state you claim to be playing from. To enable them, go to your phone’s settings, go to security or location, and you’ll be able to switch them there.
PointsBet online slots, table games and video poker
Games are the lifeblood of online casinos, and, with its current offering, it seems PointsBet Casino may have lost a few pints. While this will likely change as the online casino has games approved and adds them to its library, at the moment, PointsBet has relatively few titles to choose from.
There are around 10 WV online slot machines available. That’s an incredibly low number for an online casino, and we’re hopeful this changes soon. Fans of video poker games will also be disappointed at the moment, as there are only two versions at PointsBet online casino.
And the table games offering is equally scarce. There is one version of online blackjack, one version of roulette and one version of baccarat.
Ultimately, at the time of writing, PointsBet West Virginia is a shell of a casino site. There are almost no games, and the games that are there are not the most exciting. Again, we hope to see this change soon.
PointsBet Casino live dealer games
Live dealer games do not have a showing at PointsBet in West Virginia at the moment.
The games feature a mixture between online betting and live stream dealing. A dealer (an actual, real person) in a studio deals cards to the table. You (at home) watch the stream and wager just as you would if you were there in person.
Typical West Virginia live dealer games include blackjack, roulette and baccarat. Hopefully, when PointsBet improves its game lineup, it’ll also include live dealer games. Expect to see live dealer games from Evolution or NetEnt, the two biggest providers of such titles.
How does PointsBet Casino compare to other US online casinos?
If we compare PointsBet to DraftKings Casino WV, then we’ll get an idea of how poor the game lineup at PointsBet Casino is at the moment.
DraftKings Casino has a large library of games. In total, there are somewhere between 550 and 600 titles available in some states. This is more than 25 times the number of games at PointsBet at the moment. The difference in number makes the two casinos almost incomparable. They’re simply on different levels when it comes to games.
The larger difference in games doesn’t just come down to slots, either. It’s also noticeable when it comes to table games, video poker, live dealer games and virtual sports. In each of these categories, DraftKings has many more titles than PointsBet.
However, if we look at BetMGM Casino WV, then we see a site with an only slightly better lineup of games. BetMGM has about three times as many games as PointsBet at the moment, the tally coming in somewhere around 70. We’ll see how this changes as both BetMGM and PointsBet add games going forward.
What’s great about PointsBet online casino?
- Low minimum withdrawals: We appreciate the low withdrawal minimums at PointsBet Casino. The low figures ensure that it’s always easy for customers to get their money out of the site, and, in those instances where they can’t, that it is only $5 or less that is stuck.
- Casino app: The PointsBet app is a quality casino option. We like the way it works, that it stores your information and gives you quick access to games, and that it’s simple to download.
Areas in need of improvement
- More games: As of this writing, there are almost no games to play at PointsBet Casino. Over the long term, we expect to see the games increase in number and quality. But, for now, we’d suggest you steer clear of these two-dozen games and look elsewhere.
- Live dealer games: In addition to having almost no online games, PointsBet has no live dealer games. Again, this is not a good look for a casino brand. In the future, we expect to see a change here.
PointsBet Casino banking options
PointsBet West Virginia allows you to bank using the following methods:
- Online banking
- Automatic clearing house (ACH)
- Debit card
The minimum deposit amount is $10 except for PayPal, which has a $5 minimum.
Depending on the payment method you use, the money will take a varying amount of time to arrive in your account. Online banking and ACH/e-check can take up to three business days for the money to leave your account. So, take this as your warning: If you want to play some slots, make sure to deposit money a few days in advance. Alternatively, you can use the online payment site PayPal with instant depositing.
Like other West Virginia online casinos, withdrawal options are limited (compared to depositing options):
- Online banking
- Automatic clearing house (ACH)
The minimum withdrawal amount for all methods is $5. The amount of time for the transaction depends on (a) PointsBet’s processing times and (b) the transfer time of the banking method.
Processing times from PointsBet are between one and two business days. Once complete, PayPal will give you the money in 30 minutes, ACHE and e-check will take up to three business days, and bank transfer will take up to two.
Note: Before committing to play, ensure you have sufficient funds in your account and that you can afford to play. Gambling should always be responsible, and you run the risk of being charged (with some payment methods) for having insufficient funds.
PointsBet Casino customer support options
You can get in touch with PointsBet for assistance in one of the following three ways:
- Email: [email protected]
- Live chat: Accessible at the bottom of any page
- Telephone: 1-833-338-PBET
If you want fast responses, the telephone and live chat options are the best ways to get them. When we tested the live chat feature, we were put second in the line and were getting help in under one minute.
The email is the method to use if you’re less pressed for time. It may also be a good way to send documents, etc., to the support team if you need to do that.
Responsible gambling at PointsBet Casino West Virginia
If you’d like to limit the amount of time or money that you commit to PointsBet, then you can use its player limits to do precisely that. PointsBet has two types of limit:
- Spending limit: An upper limit on the amount of money that you can spend at the site or on the app in a given time frame. For example, you might have a limit of $200 per month, meaning you won’t be able to bet anything over $200 until the month has passed.
- Time limit: An upper limit on the amount of time that you can spend on the app or site each day. For example, you may have a three-hour time limit per day.
Setting up your player restrictions is easy:
- Go to the “my account” section of the site.
- Follow the link to the “responsible gaming” page at the bottom left.
- There you’ll find the “set limits” links.
- Select the limit that you’d like to set: time or spending.
- Customize the limits and confirm.
If you feel you may need to take more drastic measures, self-excluding is an option, too. To do so, you have to fill out the PointsBet self-exclusion form. This will give you the option of temporarily excluding for a minimum of one year (up to five), or permanently excluding yourself.