WV’s Hollywood Casino At Charles Town Offers New Penn Play Loyalty Rewards Program
Players at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races are now on a new loyalty program.
Penn Entertainment, the parent company of Hollywood Charles Town, rolled out its new rewards system, Penn Play, across its 43 nationwide properties at the beginning of May.
As a result, patrons from Nevada to the east coast can earn rewards while playing, dining, and shopping, including online gambling at Penn’s mobile sportsbooks and casinos. This applies to all Penn properties and brands, including Hollywood, Ameristar, Barstool, and roughly a dozen more.
With the launch, Penn Play will give away $1.5 million in prizes and rewards cash. Keep reading to find out more.
Out with the old, in with the new
Penn Play replaces the former mychoice Loyalty Rewards program, which it adopted when acquiring Pinnacle Gaming in 2018.
The new program introduces Penn Cash, which players can redeem across all of Penn’s brands and properties just like earning it. It also has a new website and app where players can register and immediately earn $50 in Penn Cash:
- $10 for downloading the Penn Play rewards app
- $15 for connecting your Penn Play account to a slot or table game with the app
- $25 in Penn Cash when you establish a Penn Wallet account
Penn is also conducting additional drawings through June 6 with hundreds of thousands up for grabs:
- Daily drawings: 100 winners will be selected each day in May to win up to $2,000 in Penn Cash
- Weekly drawings: 100 more winners can receive up to $25,000 in Penn Cash. Fifth-through-first-place winners also receive 25,000 Choice Hotels points, and the first-place winner gets a 7-day Norwegian Cruise Line cruise.
- Grand prize drawing: On June 6, 100 more winners will be chosen to win up to $100,000 in Penn Cash. The top five winners get 100K Choice Hotels points, and the Grand Prize winner earns a Haven Cruise on Norwegian Cruise Line.
Penn created a marketplace inside the new app where players can redeem gifts and earn rewards for in-app purchases. The app will also integrate cardless, cashless, and contactless 3 C’s technology.
Furthermore, players will have access to sign-up incentives for the Penn Entertainment Mastercard and perks from Live Nation and Choice Hotels.
The new program now offers five loyalty tiers (Play, Advantage, Preferred, Elite, and Owners Club).
Lastly, Penn rebranded its myhero program to become Penn Heroes. The program honors the military, veterans and first responders and provides more rewards and discounts. All members of the program receive an automatic tier upgrade.
Upcoming events at Hollywood Charles Town
In addition to bringing a Vegas-style gambling experience to the Mountaineer State, Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races has a 1,500-person event center that has become one of the top performance venues in the Washington-Baltimore region.
Events in May:
- Friday, May 12 (8 p.m.): Fransquatch – a live comedy performance by Barstool Sports personalities/comedians Francis Ellis and Lil Sasquatch.
- Saturday, May 13 (8 p.m.): Christina P – a stand-up comic with two Netflix specials and host of the acclaimed podcast, Your Mom’s House.
- Sunday, May 14 (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.): Mother’s Day Brunch Buffet at Skyline Terrace restaurant. Features live music, carving stations, snow crabs, bottomless mimosas and more.
- Saturday, May 20 (9 p.m.): Thunderstruck: America’s AC/DC Tribute
- Friday, May 26 (8 p.m.): Dean Z – The Ultimate Elvis (tribute performance)
- Saturday, May 27 (8 p.m.): Rob Schneider – I Have Issues Tour
As the facility’s name suggests, it also features a horse racing track with live races and off-track wagering.
Live races begin at 7 p.m. every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday through May and the rest of the summer. Simulcast betting is available Wednesday through Sunday, starting at 11:30 a.m. and closing between 6 p.m. and 11:15 p.m., depending on the day.
On Sunday, May 13, the racetrack hosts the Coin Collector Stakes, a 4 ½-furlong race with a $75,000 purse. It is one of 33 Stakes races on Charles Town’s calendar for 2023. Lastly, if you’re in the area on Wednesday nights, check out Pour House Trivia Night inside the Barstool Sportsbook at 7 p.m. Winners can earn up to $100 in food and beverage credit, and trivia night specials include half-off appetizers, discounted flatbreads, and an array of drink specials.